Friday, March 2, 2012

February Sum Up

February was a whirl wind of activity. We have had a crazy month, with a few ups and downs.

The library we frequent had a reading program for the kids this month, so we spent even more time than normal reading. (Chesney is apparently a competitive reader.) We have been going to the same library for two years and he is just now starting to talk to the librarians. He told them that he loved the library because he liked to learn new things and that he is really smart because he doesn't watch very much TV. They are starting to think he is a character.

I thought of a few more Chesnisms.
a bash = a whip
jamming it down = eating really fast
to infinity and beyond = bed, bath, and beyond

He has also started to answer everything with "yes, I'm 4." "Wow you are tall..." "Yes, I'm 4." Do you like the park.." "Yes, I'm 4." It is actually pretty amusing that he thinks everything revolves around him being 4. Not sure what he thinks is going to happen when he turns 5, but I do know he is thinking about turning 5. He has been telling me every night when we talk about our day about the birthday party he wants to have.

He wants to have a super hero dress up party, a food fight, a dinosaur dig, pirate ship, dancing, and swimming. When it actually comes to time to plan his party, he may have a list a mile long. We may be having one crazy party.I think that party is on his mind because of the Valentine party we had.

Instead of paying $40 to go to the Valentine party at the Saginaw rec center we decided to have a party at home. We decorated and dressed up. I made a fancy dinner, and we danced afterward. The boys had a blast and can't wait for another excuse to have another.

The next Monday Jeff went into the hospital and had his thyroid removed. We found out after the surgery that he had thyroid cancer, so he will need to do radiation but it should be easy contained and taken care of. More than likely he will have the treatment this month (March) so I will write about it when I get a chance.

Chesney had the chance to spend time with his big brother (Jeff) and his big sister (Jennifer) while Jeff was in the hospital. He learned how to snap and decided that chewing gum was OK. Gum chewing is not a pursuit that he loved before; in fact he hated it. He has been telling me how much he loves them both since then. I guess because he loves all his brothers and sisters so much he decided I needed to have a baby sister in my tummy so he can have two sisters. He told me ,"I have two brothers so I need two sisters. Wait how does the baby get into your stomach? How do Mommies get pregnant?" I never expected to have to have that conversation with my 4 year old. I told him when he was older we would talk about it... Inquisitive rascal.

I some how managed to only get only one picture this month. Chesney and Seth both wore pirate shirts the other day, so they were running around, "you are my best matey!" It was pretty cute.


I have been nose to the grind stone with my classes this month, so I guess I better get back to the books.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Love your blog posts,Keeae! Love you guys! :) Glad that we get to share our Wednesday mornings together!!

Post a Comment