| Chensey knows how to set a table properly. |
| Boys can have tea parties too. |
Chesney has been growing like a weed and is getting to be such a big boy. I don't even realize how big he is, but apparently he is huge. Everywhere we go people ask him what grade he is in and are surprised to find out he is only four.
| Zoo time |
I have been meaning to post some "Chesneyisms" (as we call them). He knows the right words for these but refuses to use them;he prefers he own made up words.
Lasterday instead of yesterday
Sleeve these up instead of roll up my sleeves
I can't think of anymore off the top of my head, but I will write them down as he says them and post some more later. He is full of them!
He is also getting very interested in what is healthy and earth friendly. (This is my fault, but in a good way). He is getting really good at telling what is healthy and what is not. Zach asks me sometimes if something is healthy and more often than not it is Chesney that answers first and he is usually right.
For Halloween Chesney wanted to be Batman, so Jeff was the Riddler and I was Poison Ivy. We had a good time going to Zach's house with him for a Halloween party. He and Seth love to play Batman and Robin now beause he already has the outfit.
Christmas was great this year. Chesney was old enough to really get into. Chesney was full of questions about Santa and everything Christmas related. When he went to visit Santa I thought we were going to have to pry him off his lap. He only wanted to ask him for a Batman train set and a camera, but he did want to ask him a million questions. "Where are your reindeer? (he came on fire truck), how do your reindeer see in the dark, fly, etc. Why do like cookies so much?" He was very concerned about Santa eating too many cookies and not having anything healthy eat, so he left him carrots and blueberries instead.I have a feeling next year he will be even worse. Nemo sent us an elf on the shelf and book. Chesney loved reading the book but did believe the elf was real. After I read him the story and talked with him about it he looked me strait in the face and told me, "you know that elf is not real; he is just a toy." We may have an early non-believer.
| Santa is going to love this hot cocoa with carrots and blueberries! |
| I don't want to wake up |
| Yea! Presents! |
We also had a great time visiting Nemo, Paw Paw, Aunts TT and Whitney, and Uncles Seth and Kyle in Lubbock at Christmas. Chesney and Zach love their relatives and had a great time spending time with them.
We are almost 100% sure that we are going to wait one more year to send Chesney to kindergarten, but I plan to put him in a pre-k program for one day a week next year to get him used to being with someone besides me. I figure that the best gift I can give him is the gift of time and I have never heard someone say they regretted holding their child back. (though I have heard a few regret not holding them back)
We all had a good time just spending time together on my break, but it's back to the books now. This semester is going to be full of Sociology, Statistics, History, and Business Computers. I will post some new fun stuff as it happens or hopefully at the beginning of each month.
No comments:
Post a Comment