Thursday, August 18, 2011

Now The Reveal!

The desk is finally in it's final form and it looks awesome! After cutting, nailing, sanding, priming, painting, and varnishing for 3 days we are done. I have been trying to get rid of this desk since we first moved in together. (unsuccessfully) We have also been searching for bedside tables with a few drawers for a long time. We could not find any so it was time to make some. Two birds with one stone! The greatest thing about this project is we spent less than $10. Remember this is what it looked like before.

This is what they look like now! Two new (old) bedside tables complete with drawers.

 After cutting the desk into two pieces we patched the sides with wood we already had, and sanded, primed and painted our new bedside tables. We already had tons of paint, wood stain and varnish on hand so no cost there. They still needed something, so we went down to Goodwill looking for inspiration. I found a great wall border for $1.50 and decided to wallpaper the drawer fronts and top. This part took the longest but it really made the tables. 
 I used some wood stain to tone down the white a little and give an antiqued look. The knobs came off the original desk. I had to spend the most to fix them; who knew spray paint cost $4 a can. It was way more work than I thought it would be, but we have two fantastic bedside tables that we could not have found in a store, so it was worth it. I love having furniture that has personality, just like me!

1 comment:

Leada Wood said...

Love your tables Keea! You are so clever! Love you!

Post a Comment