This all started back in March, when I started trying to plan Chesney's birthday. ( I know I'm a psycho, but I love to plan his birthday!) Chesney's niece Madi decided not to have a birthday party, so she could go to the beach. Chesney had a very incredulous look on his face when i told him, and then it was like a light bulb went off, it turned into "you can do that"?! He was very firm from that moment on that he didn't want a birthday party he wanted to go to the beach. I was a little crushed about not getting to plan a party, but it is HIS birthday I reminded myself. I resigned myself to Birthday trip planning. We decided on Galveston, so we would not have very far to drive. I found a great condo right on the beach and it was done. The waiting began; I think Chesney asked me everyday for a month if we were going to the beach yet. When the day finally came Chesney was having fits he was so excited.
 |
| First time on the beach. We stopped in La Porte to stay the night on Thursday night. It's Nemo birthday too! |
 |
| Chesney standing on the balcony of the condo. As you can see he was very excited. |
 |
| Daddy and Chesney getting ready for some ocean time. |
 |
| Resting after some beach fun. |
 |
| Chesney getting ready for some "surfing". Zach playing in the sand. |
 |
| Playing in the waves. Chesney and Zach had a blast. |
 |
| The best ice cream EVER, at La Kings. |
 |
| Gulf tour and dolphin watch. |
 |
| There were quite a few dolphins, but this was the only one I got a good picture of. |
 |
| Chesney hung out with the Captain a little. |
 |
| Chesney and his TWO birthday desserts. They were singing "Happy Birthday" to him and he was in denial. |
We really had a great time. I wish we could have had a big birthday bash like last years, but Chesney had a good time so that is all that matters. Instead of doing this (last years birthday)...
We were doing this..
I have to say I think I have a pretty smart boy. Now I just have to worry about where he might want to go next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment