Friday, February 25, 2011

Chesney and the Shark Attack

Chesney and I were reading one of his favorite books (All about Sharks) the other night. We got to a page about shark attacks on people (I was a little concerned about his reaction to this with the impending beach trip), so we talked about this page a little before moving on. Instead of being scared, in typical Chesney behavior he took it all in stride, even telling me he was attacked by a shark.

I had no idea what he was talking about. He starting telling me about the time he was putting up his toy shark in the bath and it fell on him. I laughed when I realized he was right, he HAD been attacked by a shark. When it fell off the toy holder, the sharp point of the fin hit him right in the chest and left a huge whelp. He would not play with his shark for a few days, but he is" back in the water" now. It is funny how kids and adults look at things so differently. Having a preschooler really makes you look at the world in a whole new way.


Chesney and his attacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment